Friday, December 2, 2011

Integritas Advent Reconciliation service

Last night the Integritas program entered into the spirit of Advent with a Reconciliation service. Fr. Bill Miscamble, CSC, professor of history, and Fr. Pete McCormick, CSC, rector of Keough Hall, led us in a liturgy with scripture readings, prayers, and songs, before making themselves available for individual confessions. It was good to take time for quiet reflection and prayer in what is a stressful season for college students, with final exams just a week away. We meditated on the words of the prophet Jeremiah: "for surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." (Jer. 29:11-14)

No comments: